Monday, February 27, 2012

Yad Vashem (Holocaust Museum)


As one might expect, the Holocaust Museum was a somber field trip. Sad, but an experience I think everyone should have. It reminded me of my 18th birthday, which I spent at Auschwitz prison camp in Poland, where the greatest number of nazi executions took place. Not exactly the best way to spend your birthday, but definitely memorable. The events of the Holocaust have left a powerful impression on me.

Makara was kind enough to push me around most of the day.
"Grandpa Mark," as I am now known

I suppose I should explain what the wheelchair is all about. Two weeks ago I was playing frisbee, landed in a pothole, and busted up my right knee. I have had trouble walking since, especially down hills and stairs. The doctor thinks I may have messed up my IT band around my knee area (my ligaments seem to be fine). A week later, I got tendonitis in my left knee because I was favoring my left leg to reduce the pain I felt in my right leg. During this field trip, some of my concerned friends decided that instead of watching me hobble around, they would push me around in a wheelchair. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of hated being stuck in a chair all day, but it was nice to get off my legs (and comedic gold for my peers).

Everyone needs a solid wheelchair pic :)

Love,

Mark

1 comment:

  1. Wow. When I saw this post with you in the wheelchair I about died! Glad that you explained! I hope that you are able to rest those legs...so many stairs and hills to climb, I know. I am grateful that you have a doctor there who is overseeing your situation. Nice of your friends to help out, as well. :-) No worries about the running/marathon, etc. Just heal... the Holy Land should be a great spot of "healing". :-) Love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete